To Kasey Kuchinski and Daniel Rodriguez, their 4-year-old tortoise Ethel is more than a pet. She’s their child!
That’s what inspired the couple from Sonoma, California, to put a comical spin on matching family portraits. As an experienced fashion designer, Kasey quickly got to work creating tiny outfits for her “daughter” so they’d all look the same. The results are as cute as they are hilarious! Check out their 15 best family photos below.
1. Ethel is classy gal who loves wine — or at least the grapes it comes from.
2. She’s a big fan of the finer things in life, so spa days (and cucumbers) are a must.
3. Her self-care wouldn’t be complete without a daily yoga session.
4. When she’s not eating, she can often be found “frolicking through the sunflower fields” in her favorite frock…
5. Perusing pumpkin patches while rocking an adorable pair of overalls…
6. Or working on her tan at the beach.
7. But don’t expect her to go out in the sun without protection!
8. The same goes for when the sky is gray.
9. Ethel the tortoise? More like Ethel the ferocious lion!
10. Speaking of costumes, we’re sure her family won their Halloween contest.
11. They certainly stole our hearts this Valentine’s Day.
12. Every holiday with Ethel is a celebration.
13. She may be spoiled, but she deserves every bite of pie that comes her way.
14. Her family — and their Christmas photos — wouldn’t be complete without her.
15. Ethel has taken up permanent residence in her parents’ hearts, and she won’t be moving out anytime soon.
We can’t decide which outfit we love most, but we definitely have a favorite — Ethel! What a glamorous life she leads. She deserves it all for bringing everyone so much joy. Find more of her epic family photos on Instagram.
Share these sweet pictures to make someone smile today.
Share your story & inspire the world.
If you have an uplifting story we would love to hear about it! Share it with us here.