Let’s face it, celebrity fashion is often kind of weird.
It seems like every fashion designer out there is always trying to be more outrageous than the last, and celebrities are quick to put on the craziest outfits you’ve ever seen, as long as it means more press exposure. For one twenty-one year old in Milan, Italy, making fun of those strange celebrity outfits has lead to hundreds of thousands of Instagram followers.
Emanuele Ferrari, who goes by “Emi,” first gained media attention after he imitated the intricate (and odd!) dress Rihanna wore to the 2017 Met Gala.
the #1 good news email read by 500K+ people.
After this image went viral, Emi gained over 660,000 followers on Instagram, and now his funny costume trolling has reached new levels of internet fame. No one is safe from his imitations, and each wild outfit gives Emi new ways to creatively copy the fabrics and textures, using only household foods and objects.
“I describe myself as a creative person, and I thought Instagram could be a place where I could show my creativity to an audience,” Emi said. “It initially started with imitations of web personalities, and people started to like and follow my creations.”
1. Forget the bed of roses; we’d take Emi’s bed of pizza any day!
2. Rihanna’s get-up at the 2018 Met Gala did not go un-mocked.
3. “Take a look at my noble steed.”
4. Don’t own a pair of hot pink stiletto boots? Time to improvise.
5. Cardi B’s Met Gala look was accomplished in an afternoon with rice cakes, Q-Tips, and clear tape.
5. Emi was “on a roll” when he trolled Meghan Markle’s wedding gown.
6. If you’re going to wear cardboard box-brown, Emi will come for you.
7. Fashionable and practical, too.
8. Wait… what’s the difference?
9. We love that he used “Sudoku Junior” magazine to accomplish this look.
10. Who knew rubber dish washing gloves were this versatile?
11. Check out those rock-hard abs!
12. The headpiece is flippin’ awesome.
13. Is this hat making anyone else hungry?
14. Your hair looks delicious.
15. Cherry tomatoes are a really under-valued fashion accessory.
16. The garlic clove hairdo is really making a comeback.
17. Have chargers, will travel.
18. I think we can all relate to this one.
19. Nailed it!
20. As far as strange facial hair goes, we’ve seen worse.
Thanks for making us smile. Keep up the great work, Emi!
If you love Emi’s style, be sure to share this story to make someone else smile today.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.