For many Americans, prom is one of the most memorable rites of passage of our teenage years.
VIDEOS BY INSPIRE MORE
A lot of us have fond memories of getting dressed up and riding in a limousine for the first time, and our prom date holds a special space in our hearts. But for some, their prom date was their first and only true love! Couples online have been sharing pictures of themselves then and now, and we’re getting misty seeing all of these adorable high school sweethearts still making it work all these years later.
1. These two went to prom back in 1987. In 2023, they celebrated 31 years of marriage!
2. Here’s a cute couple at prom in 2009, and at their wedding in 2018.
Prom 2009 vs Wedding 2018 😂😭 pic.twitter.com/UefeHA4fBL— gin (@jineridesu) July 11, 2019
3. They went to prom together in 1997. They’ve been married now for more than 20 years.
4. Adorable then, and adorable now!
July 11, 2019
5. These two went to prom with other dates (in the same group) back in 2009. Today, they’re married and just had their first baby.
6. What a difference seven years makes.
Prom 2011 vs Wedding day 2018#highschoolsweethearts pic.twitter.com/PVzG3UedEd— Kaya || ComfyGirlCurls || Creating With Kaya (@ComfyGirlCurls) November 20, 2018
7. “Thirty years and three grandchildren (!) later.”
8. “We didn’t go to prom together, but we’ll be together for 19 years and married for 14 years this May.”
9. Shooting her shot really worked out for her!
So I persuaded my friends to go to his prom. I was sooo nervous in this pic. Glad I finally decided to shoot my shot pic.twitter.com/jkOYpdjEyI— Miss October🏆🥇 (@QUEENQUILA_) July 10, 2019
10. Cute and quirky then, and now.
Prom vs Wedding 😭😭❤️❤️ pic.twitter.com/0bhcCzOypC— Darby Sullivan (@DarbySullivan) July 11, 2019
11. They were just babies went they went to junior prom together in 2004. Today, they’ve been married for 19 years and have two young kids.
12. “Married on our 15th dating anniversary, tried to recreate a picture from Junior Prom.”
13. Just a couple of fresh-faced kids at prom in 2007, and again at their wedding in 2013.
14. They look the same, but different! Time is funny that way.
15. These two returned to the location where their prom was held to get married 3 years later.
What a wild ride! It’s beautiful seeing people who seem to be true soulmates, isn’t it?
Share this story to celebrate love, then and now.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.