Everyone loves receiving a heartfelt compliment, yet many of us seem to think they can only be about our appearance.
While it’s nice to hear we look good, there’s a lot more to life than our outward appearance. So why not pay someone a compliment based on something they control, like how they behave toward others at work, home, and in general? These 50 uplifting examples are the perfect way to get you started!
1. I love your sense of humor. You always make me laugh!
2. You’re such a joyful person. I feel happier when you’re around.
the #1 good news email read by 825K+ people.
3. You’re always up to date on the trends.
4. Thanks for being such a great listener.
5. You are so dependable. I really appreciate knowing I can rely on you to be there for me.
6. You work so hard on the job that you’re truly indispensable.
7. I always admire your creative flair.
8. It’s so nice to be around someone with such a positive outlook.
9. I love how passionate you are about ____. It inspires me to pursue my own interests.
10. You have such varied interests! I never know what you’re going to get up to next.
11. You’re a natural leader.
12. I hope to be as successful as you are someday.
13. I love spending time with you.
14. You make me feel good when I’m around you.
15. Your sense of adventure is contagious!
16. I am drawn to you because you’re such a kind person.
17. You are so honest and open with your feelings.
18. I’m always comfortable and at peace around you.
19. I’m so proud of how hard you’ve worked to accomplish your dreams.
20. You’re so fearless that you make me feel brave, too.
21. I’m so proud to be your _____.
22. Thanks for always knowing the right thing to say.
23. I’ve always thought of you as a role model.
24. I admire the way you roll with the punches and never give up.
25. I know I can always count on you for an honest opinion.
26. You make your talent look easy, but I know you work hard on it.
27. You’re the best teammate I could ask for.
28. I am always happy to hear your voice on the phone.
29. You always ask the right questions.
30. You’re so good at giving gifts.
31. Animals love you. They must sense that you’re a caring person.
32. Thank you for standing up for people who need your help.
33. You are a wonderful parent.
34. You are one of the warmest people I’ve ever met.
35. I wish I had your flair for decorating.
36. I admire your ability to trust your gut.
37. You’re an excellent cook.
38. You make it so easy to be your friend.
39. People are drawn to you because you’re so friendly.
40. I love coming to your home. You are the hostess with the mostess!
41. You give the best hugs ever.
42. You’re a classy person, and I feel like I can bring you anywhere.
43. How are you so good with plants? They love you!
44. I’m always learning something new about you.
45. You have so many people who care about you in your life.
46. Teach me how to be as organized as you are!
47. I love that you never give up on your friends.
48. I always know I’ll have a good time when I see you.
49. You make me a better person.
50. Thank you for being you!
There are so many ways to tell people they’re doing a great job in life. Let’s face it, we all need to hear that from time to time! Remember, paying someone a compliment costs nothing but can be worth everything to them.
Share these ideas to bring more kindness into the world.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.