They say it takes all kinds to make up a world, and you won’t find better evidence than competition-based reality television. Shows like “American Idol” and “America’s Got Talent” allow ordinary people to showcase their unique talents, reminding us that our fellow human beings are full of surprises! Of course, some of the wacky personalities and jaw-dropping performances we’ve seen on these programs have stuck with us more than others. There are moments that even the judges can’t forget about!
VIDEOS BY INSPIRE MORE
Can you remember a completely unassuming contestant that absolutely took your breath away with their mind-blowing talent? What about a child with skills and confidence way beyond their years? That’s what makes these talent shows so much fun to watch — you never know what you’re going to see next! Here are some of our favorite unexpected auditions that have gone down in TV history.
1. Shy 13-year-old Courtney Hadwin turned into a total rockstar when she sang Otis Redding’s “Hard to Handle.”
2. Zach D’Onofrio romanced Katy Perry with his colorful socks and surprisingly deep voice.
3. Singer Cristina Ramos completely switched genres in the middle of her “Bohemian Rhapsody” cover.
4. 8-year-old comedian Ned Woodman absolutely demolished “Britain’s Got Talent” judges with his ruthless stand-up.
5. “Old Men Grooving” wowed everyone with their choreography.
We’re so grateful that, whenever we forget how amazing humanity truly is, we have shows like this to keep reminding us!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.