If you’re lucky enough to have a grandparent in your life, you’re lucky enough period.
Our grandparents have seen and done so much over the years, and we can all benefit from their endless love and wisdom. We just can’t get enough of the wholesome energy they bring into our lives!
1. “100 years apart. My grandfather on his 103rd birthday with my 3-year-old daughter. Picture is priceless to me.”
2. “After not seeing my grandparents for months, they finally figured out how ‘to work FaceTime.’ This was my grandpa’s face when he saw me.”
the #1 good news email read by 825K+ people.
3. “My dad meeting my son for the first time yesterday. I’ve never seen my dad so happy. Feels real good, man.”
4. “My 90-year-old grandma mailed a homemade vest for me to ‘wear to parties.’ It’s… amazing.”
5. “Just wanted to shed some light in this dark world we live in.”
6. “I normally stay at my grandma’s house, and when we moved she bought a towel for when I’d come. 12 years later, she still hangs the same duck towel for me when I arrive.”
7. “My nana knitted a blanket for a baby elephant called Khanyisa in South Africa. It arrived yesterday from the U.K. after four months and she is so happy!”
8. “My grandma ringing the bell after officially winning her battle with breast cancer today!”
9. “She drew a picture of her dream dress, and her grandma made it for her.”
10. Nothing can take away a grandma’s love.
11. “My great-grandma, who will be 103 on Valentine’s Day, laughing with my 2-month-old daughter!”
12. “Today for my birthday, my grandpa gave me three books filled with stories of each time he hung out with me from the age of 2 to 5. I am speechless.”
13. “I finally reunited with my grandpa after 15 years and the first thing he shows me is a picture of 5-year-old me that he’s kept in his wallet ever since.”
14. “My 87-year-old grandfather recently got a Facebook and this is the first thing he sends me.”
15. “My grandma hand drew all her wrapping paper.”
16. “My grandmother promised all of us if she made it to 90 she would get a pink mohawk. Well, she made it to 90.”
17. “My granddad has a hat for each university his grandchildren attended and today I got to give him mine.”
18. “Born in 1920 in Aberdeen, she helped decode the enigma at Bletchley Park during World War II, turned 100 years old today. My hero of a grandmother.”
19. “I asked my grandpa if he would model for me for my photo assignment and he said, ‘Let me grab my stethoscope and change into better clothes. I want to look good if I’m getting my picture taken by a professional.'”
20. “The first selfie my grandpa took with his new phone.”
21. “My grandma had two shirts sewn together so she could rep me and my sister at the same time.”
22. “We are turning ‘UP’ for Halloween.”
23. “My grandfather built a floating dock for turtles in the lake by their house, and the turtles love it!”
24. “Grandpa makes an amazing cradle for his grandson.”
25. “Went out fishing with my grandpa this evening and there was this one kid who had some sort of mental handicap. About halfway through fishing, his rod broke and there were several knots in his line. Not only did my grandpa completely fix his rod, he untied the knots.”
We hope we’re half as awesome as these sweet grandparents when it’s our turn!
Share this story to bring a smile to someone’s face today.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.