There’s no way around it: parenting is hard.
No matter how many baby books you read or parenting classes you take, there’s bound to be a bit of a learning curve when you first bring home that bundle of joy from the hospital. You may think you know what it means to be sleep-deprived, spit-up-on, and dealing with lactation for the first time, but just you wait! It’s harder than you think, but of course, totally worth it.
During what can be some of the most trying days of your life there’s ample opportunity to find the humor in the situation. Because sometimes you just have to laugh!
1. We’re looking at you, Brad.
2. She got excited there for a minute.
3. This is definitely frowned upon.
4. Burritos bounce; babies… not so much.
5. I thought I felt a breeze.
6. And why do I have this string tied around my finger?
7. No streaks, though!
8. The answer is yes.
9. Yup, we can relate!
10. But only if you saved your receipt.
11. Should make for an interesting morning.
12. The pay is also terrible.
13. Or until you give up and eat it yourself.
14. Welcome to Motherhood!
15. Been there, done that.
16. Perfectly normal, and expected!
17. That’s my girl!
18. What did we do before Google?
19. Bonus points if you own a whole drawer of both.
20. Pro tip: just blame it on the dog and carry on with your day.
You know what they say, misery does love company! Just knowing that you’re not alone is an excellent incentive to get up and do it all over the next day. Remember, new parents of the world: this phase will pass! Eventually you will be able to sleep through the night and think straight again. We promise.
If these parenting tweets made you laugh, please share the joy with another tired mom or dad!