Few people can refuse a delicious slice of pie, but Karin Pfeiff Boschek’s creations are (nearly) too beautiful to eat!
The German baker and photographer is an artistic genius in the kitchen! Her passion for pastries came from watching both her grandmothers bake, and she began following in their footsteps as a teenager. These days, she uses dough and fruit to create stunning designs. These 17 are our favorites!
1. Karin said her “inspiration comes from nature, from inanimate objects, and from traditional graphic and geometric designs.”
2. Each crust takes anywhere from two to six hours to create.
3. “I usually begin by making the pie shell, filling it, and then either place a flat top crust on as a base for further decoration or add decorations to the fruit filling.”
4. Best of all, her pies taste as amazing as they look!
5. As she puts it, “No one would serve their guests an unbaked pie or a pie that did not taste good.”
6. In “Elegant Pie,” her recipe book, Karin shares her expertise on turning dessert into edible works of art.
7. She usually makes a few pies a week to give to family and friends.
8. “An experiment in color, with apple Calvados and frangipane filling.”
9. This pie would make any Valentine’s date sweeter.
10. “The ‘hope of springtime’ pie out of the oven.”
11. A fruit lover’s dream treat.
12. Karin colored this dough with freeze-dried spinach powder and cut the leaves by hand.
13. “A cherry sea of carnations.”
14. These leaves were modeled after Monstera, or “Swiss cheese,” plants.
15. A perfect summer dessert.
16. Is anyone else’s mouth watering?
17. “Springtime swirl.”
We can’t be the only ones feeling hungry right now! If your appetite for gorgeous pies isn’t satisfied yet, you can find more of Karin’s work on Instagram.
Share these beauties with other dessert lovers today.
Want more good news like this in your inbox? Sign up for Morning Smile to start your day with news that will make you smile.