Working with people you enjoy being around is absolutely life-changing, which makes sense considering how much time you end up spending with them.
We often hear about the negative experiences people have with their colleagues, but what about those who love the people they work with? Turns out, there’s lots of wholesome stories across social media that serve as great examples of what good work environments can look like. Scroll down to see some of our favorites!
1. Healthy (and yummy) birthday surprise.
“Today is my birthday. My coworkers know I’m on a diet but I told them they were more than welcome to still get a cake for themselves to enjoy. Instead, this was waiting for me when I got to work. Truly made my day and was quite delicious!”
2. “The president of our company is a giant kid, so for his birthday we made his office into a ball pit.”
3. “I took care of my colleague’s snail while she was gone and it unexpectedly had babies. I threw a baby shower for her to come back to. Congrats, Loki!”
4. Small acts of kindness are rarely as small as they seem.
“I work at a small family owned Italian restaurant and my boss let’s me study when we’re slow so he brought me a small pizza and said ‘snack while you study.’ I worked a 12 hour shift today and he fed me three times and made me a sandwich to take home. He’s an angel walking among us.”
5. “My wife had to cancel her baby shower due to corona, so her co-workers threw her a surprise mini one in the break room.”
6. “I’ve been biking to work in the cold every morning, my coworker noticed and she made me this scarf and beanie.”
7. “A coworker of mine with down syndrome makes me a card every Christmas.”
8. The world is a much better place when we’re kind to one another.
“My sister is fighting cancer and it’s been absolutely brutal. It’s really taken a toll on me & my work performance has dropped significantly, I feared I’d get fired. Instead, my coworkers presented me with this care package to comfort my sister through chemo, a hand painted card, and a $750 donation.”
9. “A note from a coworker during a dark time. It’s been 3 years and I still look at it when I need a pick-me-up.”
10. We couldn’t be more excited for him!
“My 87 year old coworker showed me his binder of love poems he writes…he has 2 more binders of poems!” Reddit user saxesun wrote. He later added, “Two months of work and thanks to you guys for the motivation, I got my 88 yr-old coworker published and delivered his first book. Thanks to you for the support and motivation!”
11. “I have the best coworkers in the world. Down with Lymphoma for a bit and they just made (my) day!”
12. “My mama retired as an emergency room nurse yesterday and her coworkers threw her a huge party!!”
13. “Happy retirement to my coworker that always brought us candy. Thanks for always being awesome, Mark!”
14. “Told my coworker a story about my brother eating all the charms out of the cereal box before I got to them growing up. I literally thought you had to be lucky to get charms. He dropped these in my office today.”
15. These adorable fish couldn’t be more loved.
“My office has been working from home for weeks. I had sent out an email asking that anyone who has to drop by the office to feed my fish. I went in today for the first time… someone made a log book. I’m crying.”
Kindness goes a long way, a fact that can be seen in the way these people are still happily sharing their stories with the world. They serve as a great reminder that, although we don’t get to choose who we work with, we are capable of being the kind of coworker we’d like to have.
Don’t forget to share this list with a friend.
Want more good news?
Sign up for Smile, our free daily good news email with over 600,000 happy and optimistic subscribers!
Share to Give!
$20.70 raised today to provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need with Smile Train! Learn more here.
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$20.70 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.