Parenting is one of life’s most difficult jobs, but it doesn’t come with any kind of rule book.
Let’s face it; we’re all just white-knuckling it! Every day we get up and do our very best to raise kind, thoughtful little humans, and every day we’re faced with the fact that kids march to their own drums. We’re never quite sure what to expect from our children, and frankly, we wouldn’t have it any other way.
1. Never forget that there’s always payback. Always.
2. Our helpful little ones are always available to offer constructive criticism.
3. They grew up with cell phones and tablets. We grew up using a pencil to re-thread a cassette tape.
4. Behold! The student has become the master.
5. The best part is when your hand gushes into that half-eaten sandwich or yogurt tube.
6. Don’t try to make it make sense. It just won’t.
7. Just be glad you’re getting anything at all.
8. We get it, and we’re not even mad.
9. Well, the cat’s out of the bag now.
10. There’s fun to be had during every stage of development.
11. And trying not to be mad when you’re supposed to laugh.
13. We’ve never related to a child more.
12. Typical “what have you done for me lately?” behavior.
14. But a very cute potato, am I right?
15. We walk a delicate line when we give our kids access to our Amazon accounts.
Parents, do you feel seen? We sure do! It’s a good thing that raising children is one of the most rewarding experiences in life. Otherwise, nobody would put up with this nonsense.
Share this story with a parent who has also been there, done that!
Want more good news?
Sign up for Smile, our free daily good news email with over 600,000 happy and optimistic subscribers!
You share, we give! Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need.
$11.40 raised today! Learn more here.
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$11.40 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.