Taking photos is a great way to capture special moments and people we never want to forget. Looking back on them is a fun way to take a trip down memory lane, but sometimes, reminiscing just isn’t enough.
From iconic family photos to beloved pets who aren’t so little anymore, one of the best ways to see how far we’ve come is by taking new photos, especially when we get to compare them to the old ones. To see some for yourself, keep scrolling for a list of some of our favorites from across social media.
1. Rumor has it they still find sand in their house to this day.
2. “My sister and me, nearly 8 years later.”
3. “I took the cat off the street. Photos before and after. One month difference.”
4. When you try and re-create the best nap you’ve ever had, but it’s just not the same.
5. “On The Ferry to Centre Island, 16 Years Apart.”
6. “My dog Cassie and me, 13 years apart.”
7. This may not be the family photo these parents were hoping for at the time, but it no doubt ended up becoming the most loved.
8. “From the beginning, he’s always been giving me a helping hand. 23 years later, I’ve graduated from college and he’s still there for me when I need him.”
9. “How it started vs how its going.”
10. “23 years later, and a lot less hair… our family photo re-creation!”
11. “My wife and her cat 13 years later.”
12. “Thought I’d surprise mum a little for Christmas!”
13. “My brothers and I decided to recreate our mother’s favorite photo of us for Mother’s Day — 20 years apart.”
14. “It’s almost a year to the day since my friend brought home a kitten from a rescue centre, so she decided to recreate the first picture she took of him.”
15. He is the definition of an icon.
It’s so fun to see how much (or how little) has change over the years through photographs. Some are silly, while others capture sentimental moments, but they all have one important thing in common: They’re a great reminder that even the simplest moments end up becoming our most cherished memories.
Don’t forget to share this list with a friend.
Want more good news?
Sign up for Smile, our free daily good news email with over 600,000 happy and optimistic subscribers!
You share, we give! Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need.
$8.76 raised today! Learn more here.
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$8.76 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.