If you go wild for haute couture footwear (or just really like art you can wear), meet your new favorite shoe designer!
VIDEOS BY INSPIRE MORE
Kira Goodey lived in Perth, Australia until moving to London, England to pursue a career in print design with famed designer Alexander McQueen. She learned a lot in that time, graduating from the Royal College of Art and launching her own brand of footwear that is as functional as it is stylish. These days, her designs can be seen on red carpets and high fashion runways around the world.
1. Kira’s footwear can only be described as “sculptures” you can wear.
2. She hand crafts each pair of shoes out of her North London studio. No two pairs are the same!
3. She uses traditional shoe-making techniques to produce high-quality, long-lasting footwear.
4. But she also tinkers with experimental materials not often found in shoes.
5. In spite of their towering heights, all of Kira’s designs are functional and meant to be worn.
6. As an artist, she likes to push the boundaries between comfort and sculpture.
7. Many of her designs focus on the juxtaposition of between good and evil.
8. Kira’s designs have been worn by celebrities like Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Erykah Badu, and Kylie Jenner.
9. The designer intends for all of her shoes to be genderless, so they can be worn by anyone.
10. That’s why they’re all available in a wide range of sizes.
11. One thing’s for sure: Wearing a pair of Kira Goodey shoes makes an instant fashion statement.
12. They’re entirely unique in every way, so we can be trendsetters just by wearing them.
13. They’re certainly not for everybody, but there’s no denying the coolness factor!
14. To be honest, we don’t even want to think about trying to walk in these boots.
15. Our hats are off to anyone who can pull off wearing these incredible works of art!
What do you think of Kira Goodey’s designs? Are you head over heels, or more on the “I’ll be over here wearing flip-flops” side?
Let us know, and don’t forget to share to see what your friends think.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.