Like many people, we’ve been a bit too caught up in the 24-hour news cycle recently.
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed with everything that’s happening in the world. Sometimes we just need a reminder that we humans are tiny in the grand scheme of things, and few things inspire that humility more than the ocean!
1. “The Ocean” is an Instagram account that gathers incredible pictures and videos from photographers near and far.
2. So far, more than 1.1 million people have followed their feed for videos like this one.
the #1 good news email read by 455K+ people.
3. They feature marine animals of all kinds, including this otter who’s in the middle of a stickup.
4. Some photos are so majestic that we wonder how they were ever captured.
5. Browsing their page is a relaxing way to center yourself.
6. We don’t often get such an up close view of the ocean’s most elusive creatures.
7. Some pictures make us laugh, like this inquisitive pal poking his head up to say hello.
8. It’s nice to think that right at this moment, things like this are happening somewhere in the world.
9. Just knowing animals like this exist is exhilarating.
10. Communing with the natural world reminds us of what really matters.
11. Sometimes happiness is right at your doorstep.
12. There’s always peace to be found, if you know where to look.
13. The love of a parent for their child is universal.
14. Even the most massive of objects has to stay flexible to survive.
15. The world is full of unexplored places!
There, don’t you feel calmer now? We sure do! Next time you feel stressed out, maybe it’s time for another virtual trip to the ocean!
Share these sweet reminders with your friends.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.