If you’ve ever lived with an animal, you know that their intelligence is often woefully underestimated.
A lot of people think dogs, cats, and other inside pets are purely motivated by food and belly rubs. While that may be true for some, others are so smart that it actually freaks their owners out sometimes. A popular Reddit thread asked pet owners to share the smartest thing they’ve ever seen their animals do. Their answers really made us think!
1. Question: Can he come over and teach our dog how to do this?
2. Sounds like a great way to start a kitchen fire, but okay.
3. That’s… actually a little bit eerie.
4. Thank goodness our dogs haven’t caught on to this trick yet.
5. “How dare you speak to me that way, human? Don’t you know who I AM?”
6. I guess if you’re going to break the rules its good to have manners?
7. She was just waiting for the purr-fect time to play with that specific toy.
8. It sure beats waiting patiently to be noticed.
9. When it’s time for night-nights, it’s time for night-nights. Don’t forget to read him a story.
10. That’s very polite of him, but maybe he could let you know before making the mess?
11. “Nice spray bottle. It would be a shame if something were to… happen to it.”
12. At least she was neat and tidy about the theft.
13. Great, even a dog speaks more languages than I do.
14. Coming soon: “Live From The Litterbox, an Autobiography.”
15. Ads that feature doorbell sounds should be outlawed.
Wow, is anyone else feeling like they need to provide more enrichment for their pets right about now? We sure are. Without toys and treats to distract them, they might just take over the world!
Share this story to make a pet owner smile today.
Want more animal stories?
Sign up for Stay Pawsitive, our free newsletter filled with all the cutest animal stories sent to you 2x per week!
You share, we give! Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need.
$9.24 raised today! Learn more here.
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$9.24 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.