The makers of games and movies love to sneak in subtle jokes for their fans to find. On the internet, these are called Easter eggs.
Easter eggs exist in real life too, and they're delightful. On a popular subreddit called "IRL Easter Eggs," users share pictures of brilliant bits of humor they stumbled upon while going about their everyday lives. It's amazing how many of these exist... and it makes us wonder how many are out there, just waiting to be found!
1. "The footrest in this Jeep says 'Sand Snow Rivers Rocks' in Morse code."
2. This teacher discovered his student was oh-so-subtly rick-rolling him!
3. "The Saturn V LEGO set has 1,969 pieces, which coincidentally is the year humans set foot on the moon."
4. Now that's our kind of Beetle!
5. Paisley Abbey in Scotland has a gargoyle that is out of this world.
6. "The new subway cars in Stockholm have some interesting ventilation covers." Chomp chomp chomp!
7. The label came off this beer can easily. Perhaps too easily.
8. The Canadian passport comes alive when held under UV light.
9. After four days, this baguette turns into a useful tool.
10. Someone with a sense of humor planted trees that change color every autumn in the middle of an evergreen forest in Oregon.
11. "Walking past a local garden in my neighborhood, I noticed they labeled the power line along with all the other plants."
12. Dang, that's kind of harsh for a T-shirt.
13. It was built circa 1050 A.D., but somebody who worked on the Abbey Church of Sainte-Foy in Conques, France, slipped this guy into the masonry.
14. "Found in the bottom of my bag of coffee."
15. It's nice of these maternity shorts to offer an encouraging word.
Note to self: Start paying closer attention! It seems there's humor hidden just about everywhere if we take the time to look.
Don't forget to share these fun Easter eggs with your friends to make them smile.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.