“Open wide for a surprise!” is just one of the many ways parents try to get children to eat their vegetables — or sometimes just to eat at all. One mom shared a recent experience with her toddler on social media and dozens of parents chimed in sharing their tales with picky eaters too.
Writer Lucy Huber tweeted about her 2-year-old son refusing to eat a dinner (one he planned, by the way) and inspired the sharing session.
1. Vegetables are NOT meant to be eaten!
2. Apparently there’s more than one way to cut a sandwich.
3. Strawberries are nice to pick, but that’s all.
4. The details of a ham and cheese order are important.
5. Hungry enough to eat a cricket?
6. One never forgets their first sweet potato.
7. Nothing beats Mom’s recipe.
8. Clear communication is everything, especially for a toddler.
9. Fact: Grapes are no longer grapes once they’re sliced.
10. Take caution when peeling your bananas.
11. This experience gave us a laugh. The logic is superb.
12. Trends are fun until they’re not anymore.
13. Pancakes without frosting are just not pancakes.
14. Note to Self: Liking zucchini and eating zucchini are two very different things.
15. Everything tastes better in a cone. Yes, even veggies.
We’d be willing to bet these parents are more than a little exhausted and bewildered. Hey, in a few years they’ll have something to laugh about!
Make a parent smile by sharing this story.
Want more good news?
Sign up for Smile, our free daily good news email with over 600,000 happy and optimistic subscribers!
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$16.14 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.