People all over the world have been staying home far more than usual thanks to COVID-19 restrictions.
Some of us used the time to bond with our families and pets, exercise more, or work on home improvement projects. Others binged Netflix and ordered takeout — and that’s perfectly OK! The people below just so happened to take their quarantine time a bit more seriously. Let’s try not to develop an inferiority complex as we peruse their unbelievably cool creations!
1. New bathroom. No experience necessary!
“After searching for a contractor for months and getting bids at 10K plus, I decided to attempt this myself with no tools and experience. Cost me $2,500 in materials and $500 in new tools. It’s not perfect but am super proud of the results.”
the #1 good news email read by 700K+ people.
2. He is Groot.
3. Hand-painted rocks that, well, rock.
4. “I finally finished my giant stained glass hippo and I’m dying because it looks so good!!”
5. A 16-year-old made this hardwood desk out of two sheets of 4×8 maple plywood.
6. “Trash fort with green roof.”
7. “A little weekend project my wife and I just finished.”
8. “I made a portrait of German shepherd with soft pastels and pastel pencils. What do you think?”
9. “My parents planted an apple tree when I was born. Sadly, the tree died a few weeks ago, so I made a bookshelf out of it.”
10. A handmade bridesmaid’s dress we would not be embarrassed to wear.
11. An owl made out of seven layers of birchwood.
12. “My daughter’s ‘Sally Witch’ costume I crocheted.”
13. “After being laid off in April I spent the last 2 1/2 months building this playhouse for my kids. I have no construction experience, just a lot of YouTube tutorials. I’m very happy with how it turned out.”
14. This person has been making custom cat trees like this one. Where can we get one?!
15. “I built a backyard treehouse as a quarantine project.”
Oh, is that all? Now we’re regretting all that Netflix and takeout, how about you? On second thought… naah!
Share this story to show off these productive folks’ works of art.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.