It’s a brand new year, and we’re determined to be optimistic about what the future holds!
Let’s face it: Dealing with the global COVID-19 crisis has been draining for everyone. We’re hopeful that things will turn around in 2022, but we can’t help but laugh at the internet’s natural tendency to be snarky after all we’ve been through together! Here are some memes to help us laugh through the stress of heading into another pandemic year.
1. Don’t make any sudden moves, and whatever you do, don’t make eye contact.
2. Just a few days in and we’re already heading off the rails.
Wife: 2021 is almost over how did you do on your New Year resolutions this year?— Swedish Canary (@SwedishCanary) December 22, 2021
Me: Everything is on track.
The Track: pic.twitter.com/U0Lxj3ADj5
3. Just keep smiling, no matter what.
Happy New Year 2022 pic.twitter.com/qJ7DaEKRoT— Godman Chikna (@Madan_Chikna) December 31, 2021
4. Remember, we are strong and resilient!
Wishing a very happy new year to all after surviving through 2020 and 2021 pic.twitter.com/lr5UB1OnXt— Somesh Upadhyay, IAS (@Somesh_IAS) January 1, 2022
5. Ever feel like you’re stuck in a rerun of your least favorite show?
6. Just stop pretending. It’s OK.
7. We think we missed some fine print somewhere.
8. Did anyone else blink and miss two whole years, or is it just us?
9. Farewell, Mariah! Thank you for everything.
10. The “distant future” of old films is here, and it’s scarier than we could have ever imagined.
11. You’ve got to have something to look forward 2!
12. When every day feels approximately 72-hours long….
15 hours into 2022 and I made a meme to sum up the experience thus far pic.twitter.com/XUYZ4G9Rxu— Em (@EmilyGradowski) January 1, 2022
13. He’s (not so) grrrreeeaaat!
Release your 2022 inner tiger pic.twitter.com/uZPOnf6LR7— my uncle’s meme stash (@myunclesmemes) January 1, 2022
14. I’m lovin’ it.
15. It’s sink or swim, folks!
It’s so much easier to bear the burden of difficult times when we find humor in our everyday life. Here’s hoping this year exceeds our expectations — which shouldn’t be hard to do if we stick together!
Share this story to spread the smiles.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.