For many of us, it has been far too long since we’ve traveled outside of our own backyards.
The world has so many stunning places to visit, so even if we can’t physically lace up our hiking boots and hit the trails, we can take “armchair hikes” with just a few clicks of the mouse. Here is some inspiration for your next big trip!
1. “Rainbows and Rocky Mountains.”
2. “On our way to the peak Monte Vilander we enjoyed this fantastic view of the majestic Dolomites [in Italy].”
3. Mangart Saddle is a mountain pass in the Julian Alps in northwestern Slovenia. From this vantage point, you can see the Fusine Lakes in Italy.
MANGART SADDLE, #Slovenia – amazing #aerial photo from the #Mangart saddle in Slovenia towards the two #Fusine lakes in #Italy. (photo: @gljivec #photography, https://t.co/NCqcPEA7Bt) #ifeelsLOVEnia #nature #mountains #hiking pic.twitter.com/6vwy0Df1M6— Discover Slovenia (@travel_slovenia) August 26, 2021
4. Mount Rainier in Washington state is an active volcano.
5. The Rainbow Mountains in the Zhangye Danxia Landform Geological Park in China.
6. “Pomarance, Tuscany, in the late afternoon.”
7. Mount Taranaki in New Zealand is a dormant stratovolcano.
8. North Cascades National Park is in northern Washington.
So happy I was able to capture this photo in time before the sun set behind the mountains on my way back from the North Cascades. That contrast between the warm and cool tones is everything. #photography #art #PhotoOfTheDay pic.twitter.com/CgazJY83fM— Kevin Monahan (@KMonahanPhoto) August 25, 2021
9. Saunders’ Rock Beach in Cape Town, South Africa.
10. The Tatra Mountains form the border between Slovakia and Poland. This image was taken from the Polish side.
11. A nice example of Arizona’s rugged beauty.
12. Utah has some of the most unique geological formations in the world.
13. Cinque Torri (the Five Towers) are in Cortina D’ Ampezzo in northern Italy.
14. Lake Minnewanka is a glacial lake in Alberta, Canada.
15. Lake Louise is another gorgeous lake in Banff National Park, Canada.
We feel better already! Add in some fresh air and exercise, and it’s a recipe for good vibes.
Share these gorgeous photos with your friends to brighten their days.
Want more good news?
Sign up for Smile, our free daily good news email with over 600,000 happy and optimistic subscribers!
Share to Give!
$14.04 raised today to provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need with Smile Train! Learn more here.
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$14.04 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.