When you’re trying to change your lifestyle, it’s important to mark your successes along the way.
More than 1.5 million people have been sharing the highs and lows of their health journeys on the subreddit “Progress Pics.” Some are focused on losing weight, others on gaining it. At the end of the day, it’s all about people encouraging one another to live their best lives!
1. She lost 103 pounds after she “got tired of being obese and took control of my life!”
2. This man was only 99 pounds at his lowest weight during his battle with anorexia, but he gained 50 pounds.
the #1 good news email read by 700K+ people.
3. He used to be 418 pounds, but here he is after losing a jaw-dropping 171 pounds.
4. “Anorexia Recovery. Getting to know myself again and learning to value myself for things other than my weight.”
5. She lost 159 pounds.
6. It took this woman 24 months to lose 210 pounds thanks to “diet, moving more, but most of all, a mindset overhaul.”
7. She lost 100 pounds with diet and exercise alone.
8. She couldn’t run races when she weighed 313 pounds, but after losing 178 of them, she is unstoppable!
9. “Same chair, three years later. Focused on a high protein/low carb diet with a foundation of calorie deficiency. Hoping for skin surgery soon.”
10. “I used to eat takeout every day and avoided any physical activity. Now I try to only satisfy my cravings once a month and started doing yoga! I know I still have a long way to go but I just wanted to share how far I’ve come so far.”
11. It has taken him years of hard work, but he is getting closer to his goal weight every single day.
12. Six years and 105 pounds lost makes a big difference! “I ran into an old college friend today who literally refused to believe it was me because I am ‘unrecognizable.'”
13. “Three little words: Just don’t stop.”
14. “Just over three years ago I decided to take control of my life and make some drastic changes. This Sunday I ran my fifth Run Disney Half Marathon and finally got a photo where I feel like I truly look like an Athlete!”
15. “Never give up on yourself!”
It’s not a race, it’s a journey! Pausing to see how far you’ve come is a great way to stay motivated. We wish everyone embarking on a body transformation of their own all the success in the world!
Share this story to inspire someone to turn over a new health leaf.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.