As independent as most cats are, they also thrive on consistent routines in their day, many of which have to involve their beloved humans. While this can be super adorable, many cats have a night routine that can be… well, a bit chaotic.
Twitter user @Laurelexx learned this the hard way while staying the night at someone’s house recently. Baffled by the way her friend’s cat was so active as they slept, she took to Twitter to share her experience. In return, others shared their own hilarious stories and thoughts on their own cat’s peculiar nighttime routine. We’ve compiled some of the best for you to enjoy below!
1. Here’s the chaotic story that prompted some of the best replies on Twitter.
2. We don’t understand her process, but we respect it nonetheless.
3. How else will she learn what those cables are for?
4. Do cat owners even need to have an alarm clock?
5. It’s very kind of her to care so much about her owner getting enough sleep.
6. Sounds like a win-win for the cat.
7. For Millie, 5 a.m. is “pay attention to me” hour.
8. How else will she know you went to bed?
9. Who could say “no” to this little cutie’s request?
10. It’s how she says, “I love you!”
11. These two have a sleepover every night!
12. In the cat’s defense, us humans can be pretty confusing at times.
13. It looks like they were caught in the middle of talking about their owner behind her back.
14. She is a queen, and she deserves to be treated as such.
15. Yeah, that sounds about right.
We may not always understand why cats have chosen to follow their particular nighttime routine, but we love that they find comfort in it, even if it doesn’t always go with our own plans.
Don’t forget to share this list with a friend who loves cats.
Want more animal stories?
Sign up for Stay Pawsitive, our free newsletter filled with all the cutest animal stories sent to you 2x per week!
You share, we give! Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need.
$7.80 raised today! Learn more here.
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$7.80 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.