Becoming a grandparent is often one of the most memorable milestones in a person’s life.
Holding your first grandchild feels like coming full circle from where you started out. A lifetime goes by in the blink of an eye, so it’s important to savor these moments when we experience them!
1. “My 96-year old grandmother meeting her great-granddaughter for the first time. I can’t tell who’s happier.”
2. “My 87-year-old grandad met his granddaughter for the first time.”
3. “Here is my 3.5-month daughter with her mother, her grandmother, her great-grandmother, and her 100-year-old great-great-grandmother. Five generations.”
4. “Today is my great-grandma’s 100th birthday! This is her holding her great-great-grandson.”
5. “When I was 5 years old, this man chose to become my father. Two days ago, I in turn made him a grandfather.”
6. “My daughter and her great-grandmother… 91 years apart.”
7. “My great-grandmother and my youngest cousin, they’re 100 years apart.”
8. “My granddad kept his promise to meet his great-granddaughter.”
9. “My 2-week-old niece met her great-great-grandmother today.”
10. “My grandpa and daughter. Born 90 years apart to the day.”
11. “My 92-year-old grandmother meeting my 2-day-old daughter for the first time. Life comes and goes, but it’s always beautiful.”
12. “My daughter with her great-great-grandmother. One born in 2013, the other in 1913.”
13. “My daughter meets her great-grandmother.”
14. “My grandma meeting her great-granddaughter for the first time in a surprise visit!!”
15. “Grandfather meets grandson for the first time.”
Is it misty in here, or is it just us? These pictures really capture the joy and emotion of those first meetings. Seeing older generations welcoming new life is a powerful reminder that time is fleeting and family is a precious thing.
Share this story to make someone smile today.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.