If you're lucky enough to stumble across a stunning vista, why not pause to take a photo that will last forever?
Photos can't always capture the majesty of a beautiful view, but every so often they can magically transport us to locations we've never been able to visit in person. Below you'll find a collection of snapshots taken by regular people, not professional photographers, that give us a spectacular glimpse into their travels.
1. Can you imagine opening your window to this view? Welcome to Positano, a hillside village on the Amalfi Coast in Campania, Italy.
2. A frosty morning in the quaint village of Cochem, Germany. You've got to love that castle!
3. This may be the closest we'll ever get to the Sahara in Morocco. We'll take it!
4. How about this view of Colorado for your retirement forever home?
5. Sørvágsvatn in the Faroe Islands doesn't even look real, but it is!
6. A simple fall foliage shot taken in western Massachusetts.
7. On a long hike all the way from Mexico to Canada, this view of Big Sandy Lake in the Wind River Range of Wyoming took the prize for best view.
8. Stuðlagil Canyon in Iceland looks stunning... but chilly!
9. Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in the United Kingdom, taken from Fort William, Scotland.
10. St. Michael Fort on the island Ugljan in Croatia. Wow. Just wow!
11. His grandparents' house in Kenya has a pretty sweet view.
12. A happy pastural view in Cornwall, England.
13. Strolling through the Alps near Courmayeur, Italy.
14. This person woke up at 3:30 AM to get to Machu Picchu before the rest of the tourists.
15. Here's what $9 per night will get you at a hostel in Peru. Not bad! (Dog not included)
Who could ever get tired of looking at all this gorgeous scenery! We're so happy these travelers took pictures to share their journey with the rest of us.
Share this story to send your friends on a virtual trip around the world.
Want more good news?
Sign up for Smile, our free daily good news email with over 600,000 happy and optimistic subscribers!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.