In the decades since Robert Redford took the entertainment industry by storm, he’s made a name for himself in many ways, including as both an actor and director. His iconic roles have made him popular, of course, but he’s also well loved for the ways in which he has shown care for others. This has come through in his care for the environment and the creation of the Sundance Institute, an organization made to support independent filmmakers.
VIDEOS BY INSPIRE MORE
It’s no wonder, then, that Redford has also become known for his wise words. That’s why I’ve gathered 10 of my favorite Robert Redford quotes — keep scrolling to get inspired!
1. “Problems can become opportunities when the right people come together.”
2. “Not taking a risk is a risk. That’s how I see it.”
3. “When you get older, you learn certain life lessons. You apply that wisdom, and suddenly you say, ‘Hey, I’ve got a new lease on this thing. So let’s go.'”
4. “Sometimes the failures can be exciting and fun. It’s just a step on the road, it’s not the end of something.”
5. “I have no regrets, because I’ve done everything I could to the best of my ability.”
6. “It’s good to say, ‘Look, I can’t always be right, but my gut tells me this’ —and then you confirm with your gut.”
7. “I’m not a facelift person. I am what I am.”
8. “Storytelling is important. Part of human continuity.”
9. “I think ‘quiet’ sometime is a greater power than noise. It can harbor and reveal feelings that can’t be expressed.”
10. “The measure of our success will be the condition on which we leave the world for the next generation.”
Considering the fact that Redford is sure to leave a lasting impact on the world long after he’s gone, it’s fitting that he has a quote about the importance of leaving behind a better world for the next generation.
You can find the source of this story’s featured image here!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.