Viola Davis is a force to be reckoned with. She’s known for taking on a number of iconic acting roles, securing her spot as the 18th person to achieve EGOT status — that means she’s won an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony Award. In addition to being known for her stellar acting skills, she’s also famous for sharing wise words.
VIDEOS BY INSPIRE MORE
While some of them have come from her discussing the entertainment industry, so many of them are applicable to us all. That’s why I’ve gathered some of the best, most inspirational quotes from this beloved actor for you to enjoy below.
1. “I don’t have any time to stay up all night worrying about what someone who doesn’t love me has to say about me.”
2. “Anything can be achieved with a good, healthy dose of courage.”
3. “There’s got to be a voice deep within you that is untouched by definitions. And it is there that you become divinely who you are.”
4. “I know I’m not the best, but I’m proud of myself.”
5. “All you really need to do is shift people just a tiny bit for change to happen. It doesn’t have to be huge and humongous.”
6. “I truly believe that the privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.”
7. “What do you want? What do you want your life to be? What do you want your testimony to be? Go for it!”
8. “I think I’ve lived long enough to understand that plans really are very overrated.”
9. “I don’t want anyone putting any limits on me.”
10. “There’s no prerequisites to worthiness. You’re born worthy, and I think that’s a message a lot of women need to hear.”
Davis has worked hard to get to where she is in life, and it’s clear she cares deeply about using her platform to inspire hope and confidence in others. We love to see it!
You can find the source of this story’s featured image here!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.