With record high temperatures all across America, everyone is looking for ways to cool off. There’s nothing like taking a plunge into a refreshing body of water. And while swimming pools are great, a lot of people like to break out of the mold. They know that some of the best summertime memories happen in the serene surroundings of a swimming hole.
There are many different types of swimming holes that you can enjoy, those in forests or tropical locations and even some with natural slip-and-slides! Once you see the amazing scenery, and fun adventures awaiting you, you are going to want to grab your friends and family, hop in a car, and head to one of these amazing swimming holes!
1. Sliding Rock — Brevard, NC
2. Johnson’s Shut-Ins — Reynolds County, Missouri
3. The Blue Hole — Wimberly, TX
4. Oregon Creek Swimming Hole — Yuba River, California
5. The Homestead Caldera — Midway, UT
6. Barton Springs Creek — Austin, Texas
7. Bridal Veil Falls — Tallulah Gorge State Park, GA
8. White Rock Park — St. Paul, IN
9. Enfield Falls — Ithaca, NY
10. Queen’s Bath — Kauai, Hawaii
Share these cool spots with a friend!
Want more good news?
Sign up for Smile, our free daily good news email with over 600,000 happy and optimistic subscribers!
You share, we give! Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need.
$8.82 raised today! Learn more here.
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$8.82 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.