Do you feel like the world is filled with too much negative media? Do you have a passion for being a daily source of hope and inspiration? Does working for a small, growing company excite you?
Since launching InspireMore in 2014, our stories have been viewed and shared by over 500 million people worldwide. While reaching a lot of people with stories that inspire and uplift is exciting, the end goal that keeps us passionately motivated is impact.
Here’s a recent testimonial from our community that moved our team:
“I just stumbled across your site – right when I really needed it! I have clinical depression caused by complex trauma and lately, it’s got so bad I didn’t want to deal with it anymore. Then today I came across your site and it has given me the strength to carry on. I just want to say thank you. Without sounding dramatic, I think this site has probably saved my life. Thank you again.” – Debbie
Beyond impacting our community with great content, we have made it a principle since day one to give back to people doing good. That’s why we feature a different “Cause of the Week” to highlight the good they do and raise money to support their mission. Since 2014, we’ve been able to give over $100K to our amazing featured causes! The content our team produces directly impacts the amount we’re able to give back, so at InspireMore it’s about more than just pageviews.
Our company, perks, and work environment:
- Office @ the Dallas Entrepreneur Center – get to work alongside 30 other startups in collaborative and high-energy space
- Remote Wednesdays 😊 (or potential for all-remote… depending on position)
- Flexible Vacation/Days Off ✌ – set number of weeks off because rest is critical to quality work
- Team Service Days ❤ – once a quarter we go server a local non-profit and then enjoy a fun team meal
- Unlimited, Excellent Coffee ☕ – we get excellent beans shipped to us every two weeks (shout out to Mistobox!)
- Fun Team Celebrations 🎉 – happy hours, team dinners, our epic annual Christmas party
- Health Insurance – robust and flexible health insurance options through world-class CPEO. Full dental and vision.
- Exciting Times – we are building some very unique products and the time is right to join us as we continue expanding our impact
We’re seeking an experienced Writer/Editor to join our editorial team and be intimately involved in producing our content at our home office in Dallas, TX. Specifically, you’ll be responsible for (1) Writing well-researched articles, (2) brainstorming and creating new types of original content to further grow our impact and reach, (3) editing our contributing writers’ content (according to the company style guide), and (4) giving feedback to our contributors.
In this role, you’ll learn everything there is to know about editing and publishing uplifting and encouraging content and the best practices of emotional online writing—a valuable editorial specialty in high demand.
Experience & Requirements:
- 1+ years of post-college writing experience
- 1+ years of post-college editing experience
- Comfortable with WordPress and Photoshop
- Capacity to turn projects around quickly
- Creative thinker, able to wear many hats and switch focuses on a dime
It’s Even Better If You Have:
- Managerial editorial experience (getting other people to fix their own work)
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Knowledge and experience writing/editing emotional copy
- Experience with Slack and Google Docs
- Familiarity with the purpose of our company
- Experience or knowledge with writing for a targeted audience
- A love of brightening the world and spreading hope
Apply now! Click here.