Humans are resilient.
Even with the novel coronavirus, we are adapting. Some of us are finding great ways to keep everyone’s spirit up in self-isolation, while others are working hard to stop the spread of COVID-19. From creative social distancing games to potentially life-saving practices, here are 20 brilliant ideas people have come up with.
1. “Playing Bingo with social distancing.”
2. Parents are getting creative to keep their kids busy and teach them the value of hard work!
3. “Art Museum — closed due to virus outbreak — rearranged [its] exhibition so it it can be seen from outside — day or night. Salo, Finland.”
4. “This ad by Saudi health ministry [reads], ‘Thanks to every person who didn’t see this ad… stay home.'”
5. “Due to COVID-19, I’m having to go to all of the grocery stores in my area and install plastic sneeze guards on the check stands.”
6. “Using toothpicks to avoid touching the elevator buttons.”
7. “Road maintenance doesn’t stop. I made a handwashing station for my crew.”
8. Even after his father’s nursing home went on lockdown, this man still found a safe way to visit.
9.The Netherlands’ Jumbo Supermarkets set up stations in hospitals so healthcare workers can pick up personalized grocery orders.
10. For people working from home, ironing boards make surprisingly great stand-up desks!
11. This Danish supermarket came up with a perfect way to help customers keep their distance.
12. This company gave its employees new key rings complete with complimentary hand sanitizer.
13. Someone else made hand sanitizer available in public places.
14. “The waiting room at my doctor’s office today.”
15. “Handwashing stations for the homeless.”
16. “Mom sent a picture of how their street is socializing.”
17. “My local grocery store started double wrapping bread to reduce the spread of coronavirus.”
18. A New Zealand store set up a checkout line for senior customers.
19. “News outlet in Canada is taping their microphones to hockey sticks to maintain social distance.”
20. Drone owners are using their devices to pick up food orders.
What incredible examples of how we can keep our fellow humans safe. Let’s thank them by doing our part to flatten the curve as well!
Share this story to spread these great ideas.
Share your story & inspire the world.
If you have an uplifting story we would love to hear about it! Share it with us here.
Want more good news?
Sign up for Smile, our free daily good news email with over 600,000 happy and optimistic subscribers!
Share to Give!
$15.12 raised today to provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need with Smile Train! Learn more here.
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$15.12 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.