Everybody loves the crunchy fortune cookie you get at the end of a Chinese meal, and not just because they’re tasty. People can’t wait to crack these sweet wontons open so that they can read the fortune inside. While these messages are usually far from prophetic, they can sometimes be eerily accurate… or just downright funny!
Check out a few of the funniest fortunes we’ve ever seen below.
1. Our tax dollars at work — ain’t it grand?
2. “My fortune cookie is encouraging bad behavior.”
3. Error: Fortune Not Found.
4. That’s kind of dark, don’t you think?
5. Dang, fortune cookie. Dang.
6. Snowflakes gonna snowflake.
7. Yup, that about sums it up.
8. Does this cookie know something we don’t?
9. “I guess I shouldn’t have taken the extra fortune cookie from the “empty” table…”
10. “Fortune cookie fortunes my husband and I got.”
11. Hardy har-har-har! Everyone’s a comedian.
12. “My dog always gets the 3rd fortune cookie from PF Chang’s. This was her’s tonight.”
13. “We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles…”
14. OUCH! Come on now, cookie!
15. This is diet advice I can get behind.
16. You heard the cookie… let’s get out of here!
17. This is an emphatic “no” from me, but thanks anyway.
18. Is that a threat?
19. Um… okay?
20. If you say so.
21. Another knee-slapper from the folks at the cookie factory.
22. Most ironic fortune ever.
23. “My fortune cookie knows I’ve reached my full potential.”
24. That simply can’t be right!
25. “I got two fortunes in my fortune cookie. Should I be worried?”
26. It may be true, but that’s a pretty confusing way to put it.
27. “I don’t like the fortune cookie my wife got for our anniversary.”
28. I just ate way too much Chinese food. Could that be it?
29. “Probably the strangest fortune cookie I’ve ever seen.”
30. It may not be a real fortune, but it’s still good advice.
These make all of the fortune cookies I’ve ever gotten seem so boring by comparison!
If this made you laugh, please share it to make someone else smile today, too.