When someone has a medical issue or has to go through chemotherapy to treat cancer, hair loss is often a common and unwelcome side effect.
Many people rely on wigs made from real human hair to get through these painful periods in their lives. These days there are several charities that are designed to take hair donations and turn them into beautiful wigs for people who need them. All it takes is someone with long enough hair who’s willing to make the chop in order to help someone else. Here are 20 people who did just that; their before and after pictures are inspiring!
1. “My brother and father have leukemia. I donate my hair and blood every chance I get. Please donate as well. Every whole blood donation can save 3 lives.”
2. “Here it is guys, my 22 inches of hair ready to be donated to the Little Princess Trust.”
3. “Maybe not the best idea to shave my head in winter, but 25 inches donated to Little Princess Trust in aid to make wigs for children. Feel great for it.”
4. “Today my 7-year-old donated her hair to charity…”
5. “This very brave lady is donating her hair.”
6. “We decided to donate to Hair We Share because they provide wigs for both children and adults who suffer from medical hair loss.”
7. “I decided to cut my hair and donate it so it can be used to make a wig for a cancer patient that has gone through chemo.”
8. “Had my 5 years of hair growth cut today to donate!”
9. “I shaved my head for cancer and donated my hair for a wig!”
10. “She donated 30 inches of her hair to make wigs for kids with cancer.”
11. “I’ve been growing my hair out for 4 years for donation. Finally cut it and feel like a new man.”
12. “Before and after cutting off my ‘floof.’ This was a few years ago. It got donated, and I never went back.”
13. “2 years ago my son saw a St. Jude commercial that changed his life forever. He chose to do his own research and find a way to help. After 2 years of growing his hair, Christian has reached his goal of donating over 10 inches in 4 ponytails. He has chosen to donate to the ‘Children with hair loss’ foundation.”
14. “This is my 5th time donating my hair to Wigs for Kids to make wigs for children that have lost their hair due to chemo and radiation. I’ll always love my longer hair, but I’m blessed that it grows so fast so I can donate it every 3/4 years. 25 inches shorter and lighter!”
15. “Donated my hair. I feel like a different person!”
16. “It took me a while, but I finally did the one thing I wanted to do for a while now – donate my hair to use for cancer patients.”
17. “My long locks are on its way to Little Princess Trust currently. I hope and pray that those strands will be a blessing and bring a smile to somebody!”
18. “Everett has been growing out his hair for over a year. He was over it, but knew he wanted to finish what he set out to do… donate it to a kid who needs hair. We made it to the minimum requirement, and got to go with Uncle Al to chop it off!”
19. “Amazing haircut donation.”
20. “My little cutie wanted a big change, and to donate her gorgeous hair to Children with Hair Loss (the organization she chose on her own).”
Don’t they look great? Not only that, but they get to feel amazing for having done something selfless to help another person get through a difficult time in their lives. Talk about a win-win situation for all involved!
the #1 good news email read by 455K+ people.
Share this story to encourage more donations like these.
Share your story & inspire the world.
If you have an uplifting story we would love to hear about it! Share it with us here.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.