Pets have a way of enriching our lives, often whether we want them to or not.
Many people think they don’t want to deal with the hassle of caring for pets, yet once they begrudgingly allow these fur babies into their lives, they suddenly find that they can no longer live without them! Pets are just so cute, loyal, and easy to snuggle with… can you blame people for falling for them?
1. “Growing up, my parents were strictly anti-dog. Since I’ve moved out I think they must really miss me… Meet Walker (right) Lincoln (center) and the new arrival Boone (the baby on the left). That’s the happiest I’ve ever seen my dad.”
2. “Dad 5 years ago: No dogs!! My dad now:”
3. “Years ago, my dad didn’t want anything to do with a dog. Now the dog is my equal in his eyes.”
4. “When he was a puppy, my mom refused to even touch him for months. Now, she cooks and gives him sweet potatoes every day.”
5. “And my Dad said he didn’t want a dog…”
6. “My Dad (79) went from ‘I don’t want that dang cat’ to carrying her to ‘her room’ for bed each night.”
7. “My dad: I don’t want a dog in this house. Also my dad:”
8. “Grandparents went from, ‘We don’t need a cat’ to ‘Did you set up Lulu’s spot for dinner?'”
9. “My dad said he didn’t want an iPad… or a dog.”
10. “My dad didn’t want a dog… now he tucks the dog into bed every night.”
11. “When I moved home a year ago, my dad said he didn’t want a dog because they were messy and would destroy the house. Now these two are besties.”
12. “My dad didn’t want a dog. Now he hangs up both their coats to dry after it rains.”
13. “My dad, who hates cats, built bunk beds for my boys.”
14. “Had to leave my cat when I left for college, she is finally warming up to my father even though they used to hate each other.”
15. “My dad makes a big deal about how much he hates dogs… but I always seem to catch him being adorable with his grandpups.”
16. “After my dad said ‘She’s not allowed on the couch.'”
See? Their charms really are impossible to resist! Have you ever known someone who swore they didn’t want a pet only to fall head-over-heels in love?
Share this story to share the love that animals bring us every day.
Share your story & inspire the world.
If you have an uplifting story we would love to hear about it! Share it with us here.
Want more good news like this in your inbox? Sign up for Morning Smile to start your day with news that will make you smile.