One of the sweetest sights in the world is a rescued animal settling into life with their new forever family!
Many of these pets spend years in shelters waiting for someone to bring them home. When that day finally comes, there’s no shortage of joy! Over the past month, we’ve seen some of the cutest, most wholesome pet adoption stories out there, and we’re sharing them to celebrate the goodness. Check out 15 newly-adopted cuties who are enjoying the good life below!
1. “Charlie! He was my sober gift to myself. 130 days alcohol free today.”
2. “Rescued this 15yo toothless, derpy little nugget two days ago.” She’s already making herself right at home!
3. “My best friend passed away a couple of days ago due to Lupus. She loved cats and wanted me to adopt one. So here’s Max.”
4. Dove see, dove do!
5. “The cat I adopted while hiking the Appalachian Trail in 2017, Odie.”
“He rode on my pack like this all day and napped, or when he wanted down to hike or use the bathroom, he’d get up and meow in my ear.”
6. “One month of being adopted, already my best bud!”
7. “We were concerned that our corgi wouldn’t like the stray kitten we rescued. His head is soaked from our corgi grooming him.”
8. Lolita only has eyes for her new dad!
9. “This is Shadow. My parents adopted her last week. Her tail has not stopped wagging since.”
10. “Colby = biggest love muffin ever. All he wants is pets … so, he’ll just stare at you in adoration until you pet him.”
11. “Sugar the kitten loved SPCA staff member Glenn so much and she would always cry for his attention. So, he had to take her home!”
12. “Shortly after we rescued Paul, loving cuddles ensued.”
13. A rescue bunny brought five fuzzy bundles of joy with her!
14. “This little cutie climbed up on me while I applied to adopt her.”
15. “This was my endgame when I decided to adopt a pair of kittens.”
Look at all those happy faces! These furry nuggets are proof that if you give a pet a home, they’ll shower you with all the love in the world.
Encourage your friends to adopt an animal of their own by sharing this story.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.