Adults who return home to visit their parents tend to notice things in the house they never thought about before, like that bizarre crocheted toilet paper holder your mom has had in the guest bathroom for the past 40 years. It’s like people just stop seeing things after awhile!
Just before heading home for the Thanksgiving holiday, Twitter user @jenndangerous decided to find out just what kind of weird junk people’s parents were still holding on to, and the results are lighting up the web with laughter.
Almost 3,000 people commented and shared photos with Jenn, and the post has been retweeted over 7,700 times already! Here’s a sampling of the strange, forgotten knickknacks that people discovered lurking in the old family homestead.
1. This bear, who is ready to go on some serious fishing expeditions.
2. Even one creepy clown is too many. This? Nightmare fuel.
3. Tchotchkes as far as the eyes can see.
4. In what universe does this look like Elvis?
5. Just a jar of faces. Nothing to see here!
6. File this one under “Why?!”
7. Speaking of nightmares….
8. Dad showing off his giant bronze pig. Because of course!
9. Now that’s just plain odd.
10. You just never know when you might need some of that ancient broken stereo equipment.
11. There’s no accounting for taste.
12. Just a little something to keep you laughing… in the bathroom.
13. What a turkey of a turkey. At least, we think it’s a turkey.
14. Our only question is, why?
15. Few people know that under those heavy boots, Santa’s feet are downright adorable.
Well, there you have it! Does anyone else have a sudden urge to clean out their closets? Makes you wonder what strange items our own kids will find someday (and share with the entire internet).
Speaking of sharing… don’t forget to share this story to make someone laugh today!