They’ve touched all of our lives in one way or another. The friend who stands up to bullies. The parents who always put their kids first. The leaders who never stop trying to make the world a better place.
Here at InspireMore, we believe true heroes can’t be recognized enough for their good deeds. That’s why we’re proud to close out 2019 with the best of the best: our top 10 hero stories from this year.
1. Five teens on the slopes at Vancouver’s Grouse Mountain were horrified when they noticed a little boy dangling from a chairlift. But they wasted no time hatching a creative plan to save his life.
2. LaCora Johnson‘s four kids literally jumped for joy when their mom, who was deployed to Kuwait for a year, surprised them with a tear-filled homecoming at a trampoline park.
3. Speaking of wonderful moms, Sharonda Wilson skipped her own college graduation to be at her son Stephan’s instead!
4. “G-Ma” carried her grandson with cerebral palsy up and down the stairs to her house every day… until her community stepped up to make both of their lives easier!
5. While a little girl wasn’t exactly in danger practicing self-defense with her karate teacher, it didn’t make her tiny protector‘s hilarious reaction any less noble!
6. A week after losing everything in a house fire, Daniel Hunt couldn’t stop smiling. How could he after his school friends surprised him with a classroom full of gifts?
7. Cancer left farmer Larry Yockey unable to harvest 1,200 acres worth of wheat. But he didn’t have to worry about losing his crop — local farmers and volunteers had his back.
8. When Prisilla Perez’s classmates started making fun of her cropped hairstyle, her teacher Shannon Grimm turned the bullying into a teachable moment by showing up to class with a matching haircut!
9. Navy veteran Brian Putt is here today because of his savior, Lexi Lindsey, who used her medical training to keep him alive after he collapsed on the side of a road.
10. Football coach Keanon Lowe convinced a suicidal teen that life is worth living with one compassionate gesture: a hug.
Here’s to all the heroes whose actions made a difference in 2019. Let’s honor them by finding ways to be heroes to others in the coming year!
Share to celebrate the role models who inspire us to be better.
Share your story & inspire the world.
If you have an uplifting story we would love to hear about it! Share it with us here.