Did you know that alcohol is the most commonly used addictive drug in the U.S.? Nearly 18 million people suffer from alcohol dependence or abuse.
Alcohol abuse can seep into every aspect of your life, affecting your personal relationships, your career, and above all, your health. But it’s not impossible to overcome alcoholism. These people are stunning and inspirational reminders that– with help and support– you can completely turn your life around.
1. Sobriety changes everything from your appearance to your outlook on life.
2. “No hangovers, no anxiety, no fighting, no excuses, no drunk texts/calls, no blackout nights, no more.”
3. While some people lose weight…
4. Others gain some much-needed pounds.
5. This 54-year-old says that change is possible “no matter what your age is.”
6. This woman’s sobriety “led to eating normal meals and not having something fried at 3 a.m.”
7. Sobriety opens up more hours of your day, “I spend a lot more time outdoors now, much less in dark poorly lit bars.”
8. This man wrote about how he was grateful to have a “second chance at life.”
9. This man lost weight and gained a better outlook.
10. It’s amazing what just over two months of sobriety will do to your health!
11. This woman found that she slept better after becoming sober. It does a body good!
12. After 500 days, this woman’s entire physique has changed.
13. This woman’s 64-day sobriety mark shows just how sad she was at the start.
14. Just three months in and she looks so much happier!
15. And this man is almost unrecognizable!
16. This woman says, “Working out and fueling my body correctly has been a great way to see and feel results and reward myself for my sobriety.”
17. “For 6 years I tried to out-drink everyone, I’m now 1.5 years sober and happy letting others take that role.”
If you or someone you know struggles with alcohol abuse, there are plenty of places to turn to for help.
Share their stories to applaud the incredible work these people did to turn their lives around.