Let’s face it, we’re all getting older.
As we age our priorities change, and before you know it, you’re choosing to lead a lifestyle that might look oddly familiar… Maybe you’re just choosing to stay home more because going out is tiring and expensive, or maybe you find yourself getting excited about mundane acts of “adulting,” like buying a new doormat or trying out your Instant Pot. One day you might look up from your 4:45 p.m. dinner special and realize, “Oh my goodness, I’m becoming my mother.”
Hey, it happens to the best of us! In a recent Twitter thread, people from all over the world shared their #SignsYouveBecomeYourParents moments, and their replies are hilarious!
1. Your bedtime keeps getting earlier.
Spoiler alert: Sometimes we don’t even wait until 10.
2. If you have a better way to get those “early bird specials,” I’d like to hear it.
3. Pack a bag, kids, ’cause you’re going on a guilt trip.
4. Don’t think I won’t do it.
5. Having clean underwear is worth it, to be honest.
6. Hey, gas isn’t cheap!
7. Because it is.
8. All the time.
9. New appliances are the BEST.
10. Sometimes those naps just come out of nowhere.
11. That mulch game is on point!
12. “We had to walk to school… and it was uphill both ways!”
13. It’s so freeing!
14. And you keep tweezers in your purse at all times.
15. But… this is my jam!
16. Sure beats squinting.
17. There really are some good deals in there.
18. Same, girl. Same.
You never know when you might need one!
19. Speaking of being prepared…
20. Yeah, what he said.
Old age: it’s coming for us all! Just remember, though — getting older isn’t easy, but it sure beats the alternative.
If you can relate to these tweets, please share this story to make someone laugh today!