Parents and grandparents are only with us for a portion of our lives, so it’s good to spend as much time as we can with them!
Twitter user Mikki Kendall asked people to share their favorite memories with parental figures, and she was not disappointed by the replies. Tweets poured in with charming memories of picking vegetables from the garden with Grandma, learning to fish alongside Granddad, and other wonderful childhood moments that helped these individuals become the adults they are today.
Here are a few memories that might make you a bit misty when you think of your own loved ones.
1. Her grandparents gave her a very important job.
2. Watching a special show (and learning from it!)
3. Ringing in the New Year together.
4. Encouraging them to use their imagination and believe in magic.
5. Special father-daughter dates.
6. Gardening and baking with grandma.
7. Inspiring a lifelong love for proofreading.
8. Finding a way to make housework fun.
9. Making a little girl feel special.
10. Getting a nice change of scenery once in a while.
These memories make us miss our grandparents even more! It’s nice to know that their memory live on in the hearts of their children. With any luck, the memories we make today will help our kids remember us long after we’re gone, too. Do you have any special memories of time spent with loved ones? Let us know in the comments to keep those memories burning bright!
Please share this message to celebrate the love and wisdom that our parents and grandparents gave us.
Share your story & inspire the world.
If you have an uplifting story we would love to hear about it! Share it with us here.
Want more good news like this in your inbox? Sign up for Morning Smile to start your day with news that will make you smile.