We’ve all felt pressure to “succeed” by a certain age. It’s hard not to when the media prioritizes stories about entrepreneurs and celebrities who seem to have it all before they turn 30.
Thankfully, life has no deadlines when it comes to our accomplishments! Writer and TV producer Melissa Hunter gave the world the perfect opportunity to demonstrate that when she posted a unique request on Twitter: “At the end of 2020, instead of 30 Under 30 and NextGen lists, please profile middle-aged people who just got their big breaks.”
Thousands of responses poured in, and they’re incredible! Here are 20 of our favorites.
1. The woman who fulfilled her artistic dream at 60
2. The 48-year-old with two kids and a budding business
3. The mom who became one little boy’s world in her 50s
4. The professional harpist who started making movies at 45
5. The woman exploring the world in her 40s
6. The supermom juggling parenthood, a full-time job, and two very exciting projects
7. The brand-new therapist in her 60s who has big plans for the future
8. The 65-year-old who left the corporate world for filmmaking
9. The 50-year-old whose stage 4 breast cancer fueled her mission to help others
10. The grandma with ALS who just published her first book (which she wrote with her eyes!)
11. The 50-something who’s experiencing plenty of firsts
12. The woman whose talent and ambition flourished after 40
13. The 52-year-old mom and first-time author
14. The dad who took a chance at 39 and received a Grammy nomination two years later
15. The 53-year-old actress thriving onstage less than a year after her heart transplant
16. The mom who earned a PhD and found her place in the academic world after 40
17. The math whiz set to earn her doctorate in her 60s
18. The 47-year-old author, law school student, and mom of four
19. The man whose career change at 47 opened the door to great things
20. The 55-year-old who found their dream job after being laid off
If these amazing people are any indication, life only gets better! Congratulations to all of you for refusing to let anything keep you from chasing your dreams.
Share these inspiring stories today!
Share your story & inspire the world.
If you have an uplifting story we would love to hear about it! Share it with us here.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for the Happiness Subscription and get the #1 daily good news email, expert health & wellness tips, and more! Learn more.