The novel coronavirus pandemic has brought hardship and uncertainty to people around the world. That’s why Macaire and Camden Everett of Libertyville, Illinois, are so determined to keep their neighbors smiling!
Macaire is a talented chalk artist, so in March, she began decorating her family’s driveway. The 14-year-old wanted to keep herself and her little brother busy in quarantine, so she got Camden in on the fun. They initially planned to create new drawings for 100 days in a row, but after meeting that goal and seeing how much joy they could spread, they’ve decided to keep going! Check out 15 of their fun masterpieces below.
1. The siblings look to the future for inspiration.
“A lot of it comes from things we want to do and places we want to go after this is all over, so surfing is something Cam has always wanted to try when we go on spring break,” Macaire said.
2. Macaire is in charge of the chalk, while Camden incorporates himself into each scene.
“I sometimes come up with ideas or sometimes go along with ideas she comes up with,” he explained.
3. Camden has virtually been everywhere, from the Great Wall of China…
4. …to a deserted island.
5. “He’s traveled the world all from our driveway,” their mom Christine wrote. “This art gives us something good to look forward to every day.”
6. COVID-19 hasn’t stopped Camden from enjoying amusement park rides either!
7. “A view from Venice.”
8. “Swinging into summer.”
9. The Leaning Tower of Pisa.
10. St. Basil’s Cathedral.
11. A very hands-on safari.
12. The San Francisco trolley.
13. A paddleboard ride past the Sydney Opera House.
14. “Jumpin’ with the joeys.”
15. An Area 51 abduction.
Talk about creativity! It’s no wonder Macaire and Camden aren’t ready to put their chalk away — they’re having way too much fun! If you love these drawings, be sure to check out more on Instagram.
Share this story to help these two spread even more joy.
Want more good news like this in your inbox? Sign up for Morning Smile to start your day with news that will make you smile.