Every great baker strives to make the tastiest desserts, but Liz Joy’s creations are a treat to the eye and the stomach.
The award-winning “sugar artist” takes visually pleasing desserts to a whole new level, producing cakes, cookies, and donuts that are (almost) too pretty to eat! Her pies are especially stunning because each one tells a story, from scenes featuring iconic characters to the outdoor adventures of fairy-tale creatures.
Check out 10 of her gorgeous “narrative pies” below, and don’t be surprised if you find yourself getting hungry!
1. Liz began creating narrative pies a couple years ago, starting with a scene inspired by “Little Red Riding Hood.”
the #1 good news email read by 455K+ people.
2. Incredibly enough, she’s self-taught! Liz mastered the art of baking and decorating by watching YouTube videos and reading blogs.
3. While she sells a variety of baked goods through her company, Inspired to Taste, she mostly makes the pies for fun — and to hone her skills.
4. Each pie takes two to three days to perfect, as there are multiple steps in the process.
5. First, Liz sketches the general concept. She then bakes the pieces separately before painting and arranging them over the filling.
6. She said there’s a fair amount of trial and error involved, but clearly, the finished product makes all her work worth it!
7. While some would hesitate to ruin these masterpieces with a bite, Liz almost always samples a piece of her pies.
8. “As long as I have photos of my dessert designs, I’m generally A-OK cutting into them, and more than happy to partake in the consumption,” Liz said.
9. “I create my treats to taste good as well as look cool and I really want for them to be enjoyed.”
10. And enjoyable they definitely are! Whether you’re looking or tasting, these sweet works of art are an amazing treat!
These are absolutely breathtaking! If you love Liz’s creations as much as we do, be sure to check out more of her edible art on Instagram.
Share these beautiful treats so others can enjoy them with you.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.