After weeks of staying home to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus, many families are getting a little stir crazy.
Kasey Potts of Los Angeles, California, and Kelly Stevenson of St. Augustine, Florida, are two moms who love all things Disney. As the friends searched for new ways to keep their little ones safely entertained, they came up with a brilliant idea. They could dress up as their favorite characters and share the pictures online to make their community smile!
The adorable photos were an instant success! All that was missing was a hashtag to loop in other bored Disney fans, which the two mom’s quickly created.
“We were putting together a post of what would be a collage of six mom’s photos, and they looked so great that we thought we should make a funny hashtag to go along with them,” Kelly said. “The next day we got this huge response. It turned out better than we could have imagined.”
With Mother’s Day rapidly approaching, #therealdisneymomsofquarantine really took off! Parents around the world began retrieving old costumes from their closets and having the cutest quarantine photo shoots with their kids. Here are some of our favorite looks!
1. Kasey starred as the Mad Hatter from “Alice in Wonderland.”
2. This mom set the scene as Merida from “Brave.”
3. Tina prepared to conquer social distancing as Mulan.
4. Dianne transformed into Captain Jack Sparrow from “Pirates of the Caribbean.”
5. “Snow White and the seven toddler emotions.”
6. Sheryl took a more magical approach as Belle from “Beauty and the Beast.”
7. Lauren took the living room throne as the Queen of Hearts.
8. Kristen channeled her inner superhero as Elastigirl from “The Incredibles.”
9. “I always thought I’d grow up to be Belle. Turns out I’m this lady.”
10. This mom did a modern take on “Cinderella.”
Kelly said her kids have loved seeing the pictures of these real Disney moms just as much as she has.
“My son kept taking my phone and wanted to see what other funny pictures came up,” she said. “My daughter’s face just lights up every time I dress up as a character.”
As for Kasey, she said, “It’s become my coping mechanism, and it’s nice to hear we’ve inspired other moms to come up with costumes too.”
What a fun way to pass the time! Not to mention, their costumes are simply adorable! We can’t wait to see the creative outfits they come up with next.
Share this story to make another Disney fan smile.
Want more good news like this in your inbox? Sign up for Morning Smile to start your day with news that will make you smile.