If there’s one thing elderly folks love, it’s spending time with their sweet grandchildren.
And what’s not to like about bonding with your children’s little ones and watching them grow up? Many say it makes them feel younger. And as it turns out, that’s not really an exaggeration — a study found that seniors who babysit and help care for their grandchildren tend to live longer than those who don’t!
That’s right, having grandkids is good for your health! If that isn’t proof enough, just check out the 20 people whose lives changed for the better after becoming grandparents.
1. Only meeting your granddaughter for the first time could produce smiles as radiant as these.
2. “Life is good when you go from meeting to meeting but take a break in the middle to cuddle your precious granddaughter. That’s the way to start the week.”
3. With his little cutie all strapped in, this grandpa is ready for any adventure!
4. This proud granddad only has eyes for his little lady.
5. For her, quality time with Grandpa means experiencing the wonder of bubbles.
6. “She is just perfect, and my heart is full.”
7. Nothing will separate these two — not even an overgrown lawn!
8. Naps with Grandpa are the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
9. “Grandpa and his little sunshine!”
10. Great-Grandma is all smiles whenever she’s around this bundle of joy.
11. With a granddaughter as cute is this, who cares if things get messy?
12. “Now a great-grandfather, you can still see the unconditional love he feels for each new life born into our family.”
13. It was clearly love at first sight for this brand-new grandpa.
14. “She’s one lucky little lady, got Dad and Grandpa hook, line and sinker.”
15. Grandma is reliving her youth thanks to her sweet angel.
16. “Grandbaby life, loving all of it.”
17. These peas in a pod are in their happy place whenever they’re together.
18. “Another granddaughter to warm our hearts. I am quite smitten by her as you can see.”
19. What could be more fun than a road trip with Grandma?
20. She gets to discover the world again through her grandson’s eyes. It doesn’t get much better than that.
We’re not sure who’s luckier here: the grandparents or the grandchildren! Either way, they’re definitely better off for having each other in their lives, don’t you agree?
Share this story to celebrate all the loving grandparents out there.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.