The appropriately named Brent Artman merges science and design to create truly one-of-a-kind masterpieces.
The Colorado man began making art at a young age. His unique style was formulated after Copper Colorists Skip and Racheal Mathews became his mentors. He now sells his copper clocks, plates, and other works worldwide on Etsy and on his website.
1. Brent’s specialty is “Flame Colored Copper.”
2. He starts his artistic process by cleaning a large piece of copper until it shines.
3. He then uses a “reduction flame,” otherwise known as a blowtorch, to remove oxidation and create line work on the copper.
4. He maps out his design, then uses the flame to change colors to his liking.
5. When he’s done, he seals the piece with a clear coat to stop the oxidization process.
6. The technique is so mesmerizing that many of his TikTok videos have been viewed more than a million times.
7. He’s able to produce incredible variation using only fire — and talent!
8. Some designs are simple; others are as intricate as a kaleidoscope.
9. And each piece is 100 percent unique.
10. Watch this short video to learn more about Brent’s process.
Being able to take a piece of plain copper and transform it into something so beautiful (and useful!) is a real gift. It’s easy to see why this up-and-coming artist has such a loyal fan base on social media.
Share this story to introduce your friends to Brent Artman’s Phoenix Flame Art.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.