This week officially kicked off summer, marking the start of one of my favorite times of year: summer reading! Between enjoying the warmer weather, reading at the pool, and traveling, I know people often have more time to relax and read during the upcoming months and are looking for great options.
VIDEOS BY INSPIRE MORE
If you are looking to get back into reading this summer, it doesn’t have to be an expensive new hobby. I highly recommend stopping by your local library to check out their summer reading program! You might be surprised to learn they have programs for adults, too, and it’s a great way to connect with your community and win awesome prizes. You can put holds on new releases in advance, and with platforms like OverDrive and Libby, it’s easy to check out books to read on your Kindle or iPad as well.
Here are some of the books at the top of my summer reading list:
1. “Malibu Rising” by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
2. “The Last Thing He Told Me” by Laura Dave.
3. “Talking To Strangers” by Malcolm Gladwell.
4. “The Switch” by Beth O’Leary.
5. “The Good Sister” by Sally Hepworth.
6. “People We Meet on Vacation” by Emily Henry.
7. “Maybe You Should Talk to Someone” by Lori Gottlieb.
8. “The Silent Patient” by Alex Michaelides.
Happy summer reading! Stay tuned for more monthly book reviews!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.