When it comes to dealing with other people, it’s important not to let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.
It can be easy to fall into negative thought patterns and assume that everybody is only out for themselves. Luckily, the bite-size stories below are reminding us that there are amazing acts of kindness and consideration happening around us every day!
1. A very neighborly gesture.
2. An appreciative customer and a $1,000 tip.
3. “Jamie, who has cerebral palsy, has been the Greenwood High School football team janitor since 2019. He always wanted to play sports growing up, but he couldn’t, so their state title-winning football program rewarded him with a ring.”
4. Grandpa hadn’t had teeth for 40 years. When his kids surprised him with dentures on his 90th birthday, he “couldn’t stop smiling.”
5. “So they brought an ice cream truck to school, and the ice cream man saw my hair and was like, ‘Oh I have something for you!’ And he gave me this.”
6. The sneaky help her husband doesn’t know he needs.
7. A talented photo editor couldn’t resist helping this couple out.
8. Everyone deserves a second chance.
9. She said YES.
10. Just two successful women appreciating each other instead of competing.
11. What a lovely soul this woman has!
12. Bus drivers really do go above and beyond!
13. Inclusion starts small but has a huge impact.
14. Raising good men.
15. “Very proud of my wife who met her goal of donating over 1000 ounces (30 liters) of breast milk in addition to nursing our daughter.”
16. Two dads challenged each other to a cookie bake-off during the pandemic and asked first responders to judge the contest. More than 100 bakers joined in. They’ve since donated over 15,000 baked goods to essential workers!
17. “During the 2010 Zheng-Kai marathon, Jacqueline Nyetipei Kiplimo from Kenya saw a Chinese elite athlete struggling to drink water. She ran with him from the 10K to the 38K mark aiding him through all the water stations. This slowed her time to second place.”
18. “My dad (who has no idea how to cook) knew I’d be in meetings all day so he woke up extra early and made me pancakes and coffee. They tasted awful but they were such a wonderful surprise and I love this man.”
19. This athlete carried Eleftheria, a biology student with a disability, to the top of Mt. Olympus to fulfill her dream.
20. These electricians paid their adorable “assistant.”
21. “I have more love for you than you think.”
22. “Came across on my delivery route! If you see this, we love you!!”
23. What a sweet way to pass the time.
24. Cats always know which family member to butter up.
25. “I told my grandma she looked cute today and she said she wanted to match her favorite chair.”
26. “My mom is my role model. Her student couldn’t find a babysitter today and being the true African mother that she is, taught a THREE hour class with the baby on her back and fed him.”
27. “Mother passed away nine years ago and she mentioned she’d be a yellow butterfly one day. For nine years I have been mesmerized every time I see one but I have never been close enough to touch one. Today… this happened! Happy Mother’s Day, Mama.”
28. We are all stronger together.
29. “I asked my 5-year-old to keep an eye on his sister while I served him dinner. I peek out of the kitchen and find him like this.”
30. You’re the man, Willie!
See? There are wonderful people all around us. Remember these sweet moments the next time you feel down in the dumps!
Share this story to brighten someone’s day.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.