Relationships — they can be extremely messy and hard, but at the same time deeply fulfilling and fun.
The difference between these extremes has everything to do with you! When you put your significant other’s happiness before your own, and they do the same, relationships flourish.
With Valentines Day right around the corner, we thought we’d reflect on what makes a relationship last with the one you love.
Here are 25 signs you can look for in a healthy, romantic relationship.
1. You’re free to be yourself.
2. Random gifts or love letters.
3. Honesty without fear of abandonment or rejection.
4. You never doubt their commitment to you
5. A deep interest and support for your significant other’s passions in life.
6. You don’t think twice about trust; it’s there!
7. Doing something without expecting anything in return.
8. Mutual respect.
9. Lots of laughter!
10. Conversations about nothing.
11. Conversations about big life decisions!
12. You feel safe.
13. You change in at least one way you never thought possible in order to be more like the other.
14. You hold nothing back in conversations.
15. You thank God for your significant other while they are napping 🙂
16. You can’t wait to share your good news!
18. You know for certain that your partner is your biggest fan.
19. Even when you don’t understand, you feel their pain with them.
20. You’re quick to forgive.
21. You respect your significant other’s need for some “me” time, and you encourage it!
22. You never stop dating each other.
23. You love the way they think.
24. Reassuring smiles.
25. A desire to see your significant other more happy than yourself.
Share to Give!
$6.63 raised today to provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need with Smile Train! Learn more here.
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$6.63 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.