We’re always surprised by how many people never utilize their public library.
Libraries are magical places filled with knowledgeable workers ready to help you find what your need, whether that’s help researching a paper or finding the perfect book to curl up with over a long, snowy weekend. Librarians also tend to come up with fun and innovative ways to encourage learning. Here are a few examples of librarians who really knocked it out of the park when it comes to making their library a great place to visit.
1. The entrance to the kids’ section in this library is positively magical.
2. This librarian wants to stop people from judging a book by its cover.
3. “My local library has bee hive in the kids section, with a tube that leads to the outside.”
4. “This library tells you how much money you’ve saved by using the library.”
5. “My local library has dozens of different cake pans to check out.”
6. Is this the romance section or the humor section?
7. “My local library has vault you can go into to talk on your phone.”
8. “The mystery section in San Jose State University’s library has a secret bookshelf.”
9. “This mural at my school has ‘Fahrenheit 451’ positioned on the fire extinguisher.”
10. We see what you did there!
11. This library found a clever new use for antiquated technology.
12. “Found at my university’s library. Gotta love Nanas.”
13. Sometimes low-tech is the best tech.
14. “My library has a spot for people to listen to records.”
15. “The tech school library I went to has sleeping pods.”
16. “Basement floor of my campus library has a treadmill with a computer, so you can exercise and study at the same time.”
17. “Campus library installs grass. Real grass.”
18. “Library has ‘Recently Returned’ section so you can see what other people have been reading.”
19. “This library likes to play games.”
20. This librarian enlisted a volunteer to help make stools out of discarded books.
21. “At my local library…you can rent fishing poles… lol, only in Arkansas.”
So clever! Did you realize you can rent anything from movies to fishing poles at your public library? We’re sure your local library has so much to offer — get in there and check it out!
Please share this article to encourage more people to visit the library and foster a love of lifelong learning.
Share your story & inspire the world.
If you have an uplifting story we would love to hear about it! Share it with us here.