Every living organism transforms beautifully over time. After all, life is full of change from beginning to end!
Plants and animals alike experience this, moving from one form to the next — and seeing the process as a whole is incredible. That’s why people are capturing stunning images of these satisfying progressions. From blackberries to birds, here are 20 life cycles that prove nature is amazing!
1. “Life cycle of a bleeding heart.”
2. “I’ve had the same robin couple nest in the same spot in my yard two years in a row. I’ve been taking photos of each life stage this year.”
3. Dandelions’ mature seeds are carried off into the wind via fluffy “parachutes.”
View this post on Instagram
4. From meal worms to beetles.
5. A colorful array of salmonberries.
6. Blackberries go through four colors and nearly 20 stages!
7. Lemons go through even more!
8. “Life cycle of a blueberry tree. From dormant to fruits.”
9. Then the blueberries enter their own cycle!
10. “My girlfriend happened to catch all three stages in a ladybug’s life cycle on a single leaf!”
11. A pretty pinwheel of chili peppers.
12. “The Circle of Leaf!”
13. Cotton, the most commonly used fabric.
14. “Oysters at different stages of growth.”
15. Strawberries come from flowers!
16. How you get your morning brew.
17. “Here’s our aubergine plants ordered by their growth stage.”
18. The striped albatross butterfly is just magnificent.
19. Jamun, or the Malabar plum, in all their beauty.
20. Milkweed, where monarch butterflies lay their eggs.
These are some of the most breathtaking transformations we’ve seen! What a wonderful reminder that life is a never-ending process of growth and change. We humans are no exception! We can see our own life cycles by flipping through our photo albums!
Share this story to impress others with the beauty of nature.
Want more good news like this in your inbox? Sign up for Morning Smile to start your day with news that will make you smile.