Raise your hand if you’ve ever ordered clothes online only for them to arrive looking, well, not exactly the way they did on the model. It’s not an uncommon occurrence in this digital age, but at least you didn’t spend oodles of money on a vacation only to discover the Airbnb owner was a little creative with the description…
That’s exactly what happened to the 16 people below. But at least they have a sense of humor about it!
1. This group of guys booked their Airbnb specifically because it had a pool table.
What is this, a table for ANTS?
2. “Our vacation rental was described as having a golf course view. Technically, that was true…”
Enjoy the view while you, well, you know.
3. “Airbnb description said, ‘Views of the main church from the bedroom window.’ Technically it was not a lie.”
You can get right up close and personal to the church. Bonus!
4. “Includes a ‘Private Balcony.’ Is just a view of the wall of the next building.”
It doesn’t get much more private than that.
5. This tourist went to Norway for the views.
Too bad you can’t schedule the weather.
6. She booked at a “once in a lifetime vacation destination.”
It wasn’t quite as dreamy as the pics would have you believe.
7. A photo featured on a French Airbnb alternative site.
Jump right in, but one at a time, please.
8. “We booked a hotel last minute in Portland, the view was… breathtaking.”
Taking the trash out has never been so convenient.
9. “My vacation in Rio and seeing the Cristo.”
He’s up there somewhere, we promise.
10. This pool looked bigger in the pictures. MUCH bigger.
That’s downright deceptive!
11. “When you go to a scenic overlook but you’re in a cloud.”
Hope you brought your camera!
12. “In London for my honeymoon. Big Ben looks just like I always hoped it would….”
If only there was some way you could have known they were doing construction beforehand….
13. Is that an infinity pool?
14. “Today I climbed a mountain and was rewarded with this incredible view.”
Joke’s on you; I can get that view without all that effort.
15. “Was told my hotel room had a courtyard view. Was not disappointed. 10/10 would view again.”
Yup, that’s a Courtyard alright. This one checks out.
16. “My vacation in Ireland and seeing the Cliffs of Moher.”
Pretty as a postcard! Just watch your step near the edge….
Wow, suddenly I feel a whole lot better about not being able to afford luxurious vacations! Let’s hope all these folks still had a good time in spite of these expectation versus reality fails.
Please share this story to make someone smile today.
Share your story & inspire the world.
If you have an uplifting story we would love to hear about it! Share it with us here.
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.