Sometimes our pets wind up choosing us, like when we adopt a homeless animal who crosses our path.
Other times, we have the advantage of selecting our next pet based on attributes we find attractive. People tend to have very specific tastes when it comes to color, fur length, and size. Maybe that’s why it’s not uncommon for humans to have pets who look like each other, even though they’re technically different species! We call these matchy-matchy animals “brothers from another mother,” and they’re flat-out adorable.
1. These two fuzzy gingers are on the same nap schedule.
2. “Hello, strange kitten. Where did you come from?”
3. If it weren’t for the ears, we’d think these two were littermates.
4. Where did they get this amazing husky cat?
5. Gorgeous puppy and kitten are a matched set. Those eyes!
6. One of these is not like the others, but don’t tell her that.
7. Calico pals for life!
8. We didn’t know ponies came with Jack Russell markings.
9. You can’t tell where one ends and the other begins.
10. Same coat, vastly different facial expressions. If looks could kill, right?
11. Day three: They still haven’t discovered that I’m a dog.
12. Black and white bros say “hi!”
13. Brindle brothers from another mother.
14. What happened to that bunny’s ears?
15. You know you’re kin when your grumpy corgi sister allows you to cuddle.
We’d say these animals’ parents definitely have a “type,” wouldn’t you? They just can’t get enough of their preferred markings and colorings, and we can’t blame them one bit. Every one of these pets somehow gets even cuter when they’re paired with a corresponding animal!
If these precious matching animals made you smile, share this story to brighten someone else’s day, too.
Share to Give!
$4.77 raised today to provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need with Smile Train! Learn more here.
Share to Give!
Every time you share an article, we donate to Smile Train to help provide life-changing cleft surgeries to children in need. Spread good news, change lives! Learn more here.
$4.77 raised today!
Want to be happier in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for Morning Smile and join over 455,000+ people who start each day with good news.